The same principle applies to employing people. We look for the best people, then develop them. We offer the best remuneration we can afford and we always offer equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, marital status, ethnic origin, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or disability, and believe in providing a happier, healthy and safer working environment than most.
Beyond recruitment and selection is the real challenge of staff retention and Dalesman’s philosophy to recognise, nurture and develop talent from within influences several factors in the process. Staff loyalty, retaining specialist knowledge in a unique industry and motivating ‘the people who can make a difference’ to deliver both faster and better, demonstrate success where they remain at the hub of group operations.
Responding quickly to business change our growth strategy, succession plan and philosophy align to identify skills gaps and attract the right talent at the right time.
We pride ourselves on having a high staff retention level of 92%, with the average length of service of staff remaining with the company at 7.5 years.
You will find our latest vacancies here or if we don't have anything available at the moment, please send your CV and details through to email@example.com as we are always looking for talented and loyal people who can grow and develop with us.
The Dalesman Group was established in 1979 and supplies fine food ingredients to the meat, bakery & retail industries. As a sector lead in technology, expertise, quality, compliance standards and customer service levels, we are highly regarded as one of the strongest manufactures in our sector.
If you would like to join a fast paced, innovative and forward thinking, family run business and you have a great passion for food this could be the job for you! We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Group Head of Operations to join our Senior Management Team.
The Group Head of Operations has strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing a forward-thinking organisational strategy that maximises efficiency and drives operational excellence. By working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders you will manage business practices and continue to seek ways of both improving the departments contribution to the Company’s goals and enhancing the reputation. You will provide clear leadership, inspire and motivate staff.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference to the company and its direction and growth for the future.
• Responsible to oversee daily activities across departments such as: Production, Transport, Purchasing, NPD and QA department.
• Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions, ensuring high morale, teamwork and good employee relations, at all levels.
• Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
• Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of operations to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
• Report on operational performance and suggest improvements based on the overall business strategy, Return on Investment (ROI) expectations and information relating to profit and loss for each company within the Group (Gap analysis).
• Support development of production plans in-line with client forecasts with emphasise on business efficiency and profitability.
• Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. independent accreditation like BRCGS and retailer standards, data protection, legal documents to stakeholders, or any food related legislative changes).
• Manage and review BRC objectives with technical departments.
• Manage the Food Safety Quality Management System and BRC standards to meet requirements and company expectations.
• Responsible for Health and Safety and risk management issues across the Group.
• Lead contact for internal and external stakeholders for all issues relating to manufacturing and quality.
The Successful Applicant:
• Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
• A strong leader, with proven ability to lead and influence colleagues from the shop floor to the SMT level.
• Proven ability to identify and make changes in production efficiency.
• Strong technical knowledge.
• A great understanding of UK legislation, independent accreditation such as BRCGS and retailer standards.
• Degree or equivalent in related science field or food science preferred subject.
• NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent qualification).
• Evidential competence in performance management, planning & prioritising, change management, problem solving and decision making, leadership, customer awareness and commercial acumen.
• Computer literate and a high level of proficiency with MS office applications, especially Excel.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, from 7.30am-5.30pm with up to one hour for lunch
• Company car (electric car)
• On site parking
• Pension (after 3 months)
• Discounted products
• Annual Leave: 33 days (including bank holidays)
• 2 extra days holiday entitlement for each 5 complete years’ service
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00-£65,000.00 per year
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dalesman Group was established in 1979 and supplies fine food ingredients to the meat, bakery & retail industries.
As a sector lead in technology, expertise, quality, compliance standards and customer service levels, we are highly regarded as one of the strongest manufacturers in our sector.
Our reputation for creating gourmet and bespoke flavours excels and our success continues with award winning taste sensations.
If you would like to join a fast paced and forward thinking, family run business and have a passion for the food industry this could be the job for you! We are looking to recruit a Marketing and Communications Manager (maternity cover) to join our team for a minimum of 12 months. You will ideally have previous food marketing experience and be commercially aware and have knowledge of digital/social marketing.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
Effectively building the ‘Dalesman’ and ‘Gordon Rhodes (GR)’ brands via the communication and marketing of key messages and strategies by utilising a full range of marketing channels in line with the company’s growth plan and on-going marketing, events and communications/innovations plan.
Working hours: Full-time (37 hours, Monday-Friday), or part-time (30 hours with Friday as a nonworking day).
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 (pro rata if part-time).